I was asked to make 48 cupcakes for a baby shower this weekend and theme is mustaches 🙂
I was walking around various stores this weekend, and of course, mustache fever has hit everyone, even the folks at Hobby Lobby. There were chocolate molds, toothpicks, straws with attached mustaches…yadda yadda yadda.
Nothing was really the shape or size I was looking for to top the cupcakes (which I’ll post recipes for later, I swear).
I decided I would just draw mustaches with chocolate candy melts and these bad boys are what I came up with.
Pretty schnazy, eh?
For those of you who don’t know the method…
1) Find a drawing (or free-hand if you’re daring) and make sure you flip it over so it’s the mirror image
2) Slide it under a big piece of wax paper (I tape mine down to the counter so it doesn’t shift while I’m tracing
3) Melt the appropriate colors for your drawing. (Mine was super easy: Super White and Dark Cocoa)
4) Pour melted chocolate into plastic squeeze bottles
5) Start tracing…
a) Trace the lines that should appear in the front of your final image first!
b) Fill in with the next color to appear
c) and so forth
6) Dry until set
7) Carefully remove your chocolate and flip over
8) Voila! Your masterpiece in chocolate 🙂
I made more than 48 because I always seem to goof when drawing with chocolate, and I’m glad I did…I deemed about a dozen of them non-cupcake-worthy.
So, I’m glad to have made good use of my day off from work and be that much closer to finishing the cupcakes for Sunday, which will be…
Chocolate Cupcake with Cookies and Cream Frosting
Chocolate Cupcake with Caramel Filling and Salted Caramel Buttercream